Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Three reflections on the election

#1 - My six year old grandson Mason called me tonight and told me he voted for McCain because he (McCain) likes Mexican food and because he has more animals than Senator Obama. That was not dispositive of either my grandsons eventual political beliefs now or in the future. But I appreciated the call.

#2 - Senator McCain gave an extraordinarily gracious concession speech. In level of depth of commitment to this country it was wonderful. But in comparison to the nonsense spewed out by Senators Kerry and Gore in the last two elections it suggests something very important.

#3 - Senator Obama's acceptance speech was inspiring. The combination of the two speeches give me hope that we could face some important new trends in American politics that will be fundamental to getting to the real work of government.

No comments: