Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Night and Walking

This evening we went downtown for dinner and finished about 9 PM.  For a good part of the first week we have been here, there has been something going on in the Centro - first Halloween, then Dia de Los Muertos - then the weekend.  But tonight, as we went down to Starbucks to get some coffee ground the Centro was quiet.

One of the things I like best about Mexico is the surprises of finding a place of interest unexpectedly.  Here is one shot from tonight (iPhone photos) that caused me to think about those serendipitous situations.   This was on the way to the men's room at a restaurant that we found on our first night here.

Since the first morning I have been here I have done about 2-3 miles of walking.  At the end of the day I have done between six and seven miles of walking between our other explorations.  That has allowed me to explore the town.  This morning I set out on a slightly different route from our house and found a beautiful park and cultural center.   The Parroquia is a good landmark that is visible from many parts in the city - so every time I have been a bit lost, I simply try to find that and then recalibrate on next steps.



No comments: