Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mexico Election - 8

This afternoon Felipe Calderon commented to the press about his victory.

"I'm asking those who didn't vote for me to give me the opportunity to gain their confidence," Calderón said Thursday. "I know that I should make mine the desires and the hopes of those who didn't vote for me."

He also said - "I assume as my personal responsibility the hopes of the people who have voted for other candidates,"

Sounds about right to me.

Luis Ulgalde commented about his role the IFE "complied with the law and guaranteed that the votes of Mexicans have been counted with absolute transparency."

Again, sounds about right to me.

An AMLO (MALO) advisor said "Building a democracy has cost a lot in this country, and we are not going to give it up easily,there is no reason for López Obrador to back out or defend a system that he doesn't belong to." It seems pretty clear that this advisor would have said something different had they actually won the vote.

No comments: