Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things I like about Mexico City

I am not normally a fan of big cities. But Mexico City is an exception.  I have lived there a couple of times for weeks at stretch - when I taught at Anáhuac Mexico Sur.   The city has lots of things to do and superb museums and parks including Chapultapec - which has a series of major attractions.

The photo to the right is where I ate dinner last night.  It is a former Hacienda in Tlalplan - which is called (surprisingly enough) Antigua Hacienda de Tlalplan.   The food is excellent and varied.  The service is non-intrusive but efficient. And the setting is wonderful.   The white peacock was next to our table - while their call is not musical, they certainly add to the ambience.  (Photo from an iPhone 4 - using natural light).

No comments: