Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Where I am next week(this could easily be called where my head is this week)




Starting on Saturday I am in Daniel, Wyoming fishing for a week. I fly to Bozeman, MT pick up a friend and then we both drive to Daniel to a friend's ranch to fish. This place is not rustic but it is out in the boonies. No, the small photo is not a picture of me fishing. But the picture of the sunset is typical of the land we will be on. It is well worth the trip. Very relaxing.

When I was last there I caught the second biggest fish of the week. (Not as big as the monster in the picture but large). But then at the end of the week one of the other guys caught a slightly bigger one. The owner of the ranch said to the guy who caught the fish - you are an LF or lucky f******. to which the guy who caught the fish said - no I am an LSF (for lucky smart f******).

As noted in a lot of earlier posts, I am still learning how to fly fish. It includes a lot of challenges including some physical and some mental. The reality is you never go to an ugly place. The weather is supposed to be changeable at this time of year - the weather reports look like 50-70 during the day but with the possibilities of snow. I am going with two other guys who are good friends so it should be fun.

No comments: