Thursday, October 11, 2007

The 5 Step program continued




In my last post I offered 5 tips for dandy fishing. But these two pictures are to prove a point. The first is a second picture of the Brown in the previous post. On Tuesday, when I threw him back into the water, he stood by my feet for about 5 minutes. I continued to cast. I kept having two contradictory feelings. The first was that this fish figured out that by staying near the guy who was casting - there was minimal chance that he would get caught again. The second was that he was trying to tell me that even though I had just caught him - it was OK. Of course both are examples of what the noted Icthopsychologist Carl Sage once called troutlusions. But who knows. It could also be that the thoughts came to me late in the afternoon after a lot of tromping through water.

The second picture is but one example of the kind of scenery that one encounters in the West. My host this week commented that I had taken more than 200 photos. That is true. I caught a great sequence of an eagle landing, several of Moose and deer on the run and simply walking in the open land. It is a wonder I did not take more.

No comments: