Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Political Gabfest

Slate has had a podcast which in the primary season was a pretty good indication of lefty thinking. They showed a bias toward Obama. But after the primary season they are increasingly so devoted to proving that Obama is a messiah that their commentary has lost interest for me. Any small error of Obama is ignored. Any small error of McCain is amplified. Ultimately, if I wanted my media to reinforce my positions I would stick with Slate - if I wanted to understand what is going on in the election - this would not be a place I would go.

This could be one of the most important elections in recent history - but the Political Gabfest offers people little besides reinforcement of their previously held beliefs. For me, that is useless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the name of the podcast?

drtaxsacto said...

Slate has two podcasts on election issues the one I am talking about is called the Political Gabfest - which I mentioned and now have highlighted on the original post. Sorry that was not clear.