Sunday, October 23, 2005

Joy


Mason with his pumpkin, originally uploaded by drtaxsacto.

This is a photo of our grandson Mason - who is three. Today he carved his first pumpkin. My wife and I were upstairs and he called up to us and when we did not come down fast enough he came up excitedly and then brought us down to show his creation. He turned out the lights and was delighted to see his creation with all of its awesome properties.

This morning before I went to teach the final day of a class at USC he came into our bedroom and beckoned me to read him a story - one of his current favorites is called Seven Eggs. He can count well above that - although he does not recognize all his numbers. He also has begun to recognize the letters in his name, although N is still a bit of a stretch. I started to read him the book in Spanish and he would have none of it. When I finished I had to trade off with his dad or I would have been late to the class. What a wonderful age!

No comments: