Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Priorities

I had an interesting day today - the second time I have fished for Steelhead on the Trinity and I caught (and released) four with a good friend and an excellent guide from Confluence Outfitters.   Tonight was the Iowa caucuses and it seems that former Senator Santorum won the thing but Romney was a strong second.  There are two realities here.  First, Ron Paul - after committing a lot of time and energy to the state came in a dismal third but ahead of both Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry.  Seems I had a much better day than most of the GOP field.  I think, assuming that Romney wins New Hampshire that he becomes the closest thing to a nominee possible.  


Tomorrow the California Legislature reconvenes for the beginning of the second year of a two year term. For the first time since 1974, I will not be there to work on stuff.   Again, even though I only fished for one day - ditto for the California Legislature.

No comments: