Monday, March 14, 2011

Piper Jaffray Data on iPad 2

In many ways the investment firm of Piper Jaffray has become the bible on sales figures of Apple products.  Here is the results of their flash survey from the first day of Apple iPad 2 sales.

I was most surprised by two figures.  First, the distribution of capacities - where the largest size is getting a bit more sales in this version but the 16 gig model certainly has a following.   Second, I am surprised by the mix of 3G to WIFI models.

What could be troubling to PC makers is the data on whether the buyers own a Mac or a PC. From my experience with the iPad I find I use it to replace a lot of things I formerly did on my laptop.

1 comment:

Lorne Marr said...

I was considering buying some tablet computer which will give you more freedom when presenting, and this iPad 2 totally persuaded me. I will use it in addition to my PC as will the majority, because I am so used to have keyboard separated from the screen :) , but I think it's just the matter of time when people will use only tablets.