Monday, March 14, 2011

It is three months do you know where your data is?

In December I purchased Carbonite -to do offsite back up of my MacPro.  Offsite backup compresses files so the 2 GIGs of hard drive space I have (which is by no means filled) would require less back up space.  Carbonite promised a safe and reliable backup which was also supposed to be simple.

It is now the middle of March - or three months into this process and I am now 44% backed up.  That is a horrible record.  I will keep you informed of this speedy service.  As I noted in my earlier post on this "service" the support staff is not helpful either.

One of my readers recommended Crashplan.  It looks good from the site and could not be any worse than Carbonite.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I may have logged this somewhere, but I'm not sure where. But I'm pretty sure it took no more than 3 weeks to get all backed-up. I leave my computer on all the time so there was lots of opportunity.

drtaxsacto said...

I leave mine on all the time and the backup is now at 3 Months.