Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nobody does it better...


There are a lot of us who are breathless for the details on the Apple Tablet - expected to be announced six days from now and available to consumers in the next few months. A group called Retrevo did a survey of some people and came out with the definitive statement that consumers would not be ready to purchase one of the devices if they cost more than $700.

The graphic (from Apple Insider) shows the results of the survey. No 3G, no E-books and short battery life and the thing is a dud- at least according to the survey. From my perspective the tablet needs reasonably long battery life and is likely to have e-books in the same style that the existing iPhone and iTouch does. I am indifferent as to network and hope it has 3G. Also, as a potential consumer, I will look at buying one of these devices if it fits my need. If it has versions of iWork and strong connectivity and will weigh even less than my air - it could well replace my travel laptop. And for that I would be willing to pay a good deal more than $700.

But we'll all have to wait and see what pops out on the 27th.

No comments: