Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Grandson Day



This morning Mason and I were supposed to go to a county park and visit with the Easter Bunny. Unfortunately, I misread the name of the park and so we went to Gibson Ranch rather than Gibbons Park. When we got there we could not find any Easter Bunnies. But we did see a lot of ducks; spent a lot of time on the swings; learned the difference between ducks and geese; climbed a lot on the climbing toy; looked at horses and goats; swinged a lot on a tire swing; walked in duck poop; and generally had a great time.

Mason is very verbal so we talked about a lot of stuff. When we finished at the park we went to Subway - his sandwich preference is like his dad's (cheese and meat and mayo) and then went to see Enchanted - he was a bit embarrassed by all the "kissing" but he really liked the movie (so did I - it was the second time I saw it and I thought it was still a very innovative movie).

Then we went back and painted in a coloring book and then played Dinosaur Monopoly (Mason won). All in all a very fun day. The Easter Bunny might have been fun but we found plenty of other things to do. I posted the rest of the pictures on my flickr site (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtaxsacto/). But the pictures do not capture the fun time we had.

No comments: