Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A response to my post from the Bee about the Episcopal Church

I received one comment on my post on the Episcopal Church from the editor of a publication called the Grapevine. You can read it below. It argues that the Bishop of San Joaquin was not a good shepherd. I cannot comment on that. What I do know is how the ECUSA and the Diocese of N. California has acted on this set of issues.

I went to the site of the Grapevine and was impressed by one of their operating principles which reads "We do have a few rules… No rude crude offensive remarks about anyone and no political agendas. This is a place of understanding and reconciliation, a place of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is a place where we do what Jesus would do!"

There are some deep seated differences in the Episcopal Church. I would be pleased to be in a location where those differences could be talked out without political agendas and with a knowledge that all of us should be willing to work on understanding and reconciliation.

No comments: