Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Kindle DX

Amazon released a new Kindle yesterday, allegedly to make it easier to read newspapers. While I love my Kindle 2 - I am pretty sure I will not purchase a DX. There are a couple of reasons for this. #1 - I like the size of the 2 and am not looking for a single purpose larger screen. While I would probably be a buyer of an Apple multi-function device (i.e. a big iPod touch) I am not sure why I would only want to read books and newspapers on the larger device. The 2 is easy to pack in my briefcase. #2 - All of the Kindle devices lack Wi-Fi and in an increasingly 802.11 world, that seems like an oversight. #3 - I would love to have a more robust device to do some document creation, with the larger screen - all of the Kindle devices are fundamentally passive.

No comments: