Thursday, July 12, 2007

An informal survey on iPhone sales

I was in two AT&T stores today in the Sacramento area and one in the Bay Area in the last couple of days.  I asked each how sales were going on the phones.  All three said about the same thing.  They are selling about 10-12 phones a day and that has been pretty consistent.   There seems to be a lot of walk in traffic.  All three stores had a lot of foot traffic and one sales associate said they had talked about doing a separate person for iPhone accessories (that suggests some volume in those products).  I have no idea about how those three stores compare to the full set of AT&T stores.

My second comparison was with the two Apple stores I have recently been in.  The AT&T stores are a lot less consumer friendly.  The Apple stores seem to be able to handle the volume of business but in the AT&T stores it seemed to take a bit of time for customers to get through the line.

No comments: