Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Tip to the Sacramento County Assessor

My wife and I own two properties in Sacramento County.   When property taxes come due we send them to be received on the 10th of December which is when the first installment is due.   This year for some strange reason I mixed the parcel numbers so that the first property had the second parcel number on it and vice versa.    This morning, as I was beginning some year end activity I noticed my mistake and checked to see if either check had cleared.   They did indeed.   And, wonder of wonders, the Tax Unit figured out which parcel to apply the tax to so that both properties paid their taxes on time.  Figuring out how to match these took a bit of effort - we hold both properties in a trust so the staffer who opened the check needed to find the appropriate property possibly by matching that the properties are held in the same name.   I realize that the tax unit gets a lot of checks in December; I am not sure how the match was made but I am appreciative.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience of that office going above and beyond. Good folks.

-Lee