Friday, July 24, 2009

Frank Disclosure


The House Committee on Franking rejected the attached representation of the Obama health plan. Some GOP members had wanted to send it to their constituents. There are two questions here in my mind. First, should this kind of document be sent under the free mailing privileges offered to members of congress? In my opinion this is certainly as relevant as the government documents that members routinely send out. I believe that most newsletter mailings are inappropriate use of the franking privilege. But second, should members who are opposed to the President's plan use this kind of document? My response is absolutely. I am putting it up on the site because I think it represents what the president is proposing. If we wanted Rube Goldberg to run the health system we should at least have offered him some medical training first.

No comments: