Friday, June 26, 2009

Skyboxes



Last night I went to the Cats game in a skybox as the guest of a group that I spoke to in the morning. I have never been much of a fan of skyboxes. They take you away from the action of the game. The food and the company was great but the game was a distant vision. Not that anything in Raley field is far away but I could as well been at home as at the game.

One of the highlights of the day for me was the gift of a University of the Pacific baseball jersey. They also gave me a cap but I favor one that I also use for fishing which is well used. In the Suite there was a caricaturist. This is what he came up with for me. I thought it makes me look a lot younger and more angular than I am (for a comparison look at the photo on my profile).

One other highlight of the game was the opportunity to throw out the first pitch. I have never done that and what I came up with can best be described as a sinker. For Raley Field the guests are not allowed on the mound so you actually pitch from in front of it - or a good eight feet closer. So instead of 60'6" I got to throw about 52' - my pitch made it most of the way. A good friend was kind enough to take some photos of the event - and even got my pitch in the air.

The Cats got shut out for the second time in a row. We're now 19 games over .500 and 7 games ahead of the Grizzlies.

2 comments:

Tulip said...

So where are the pictures?

drtaxsacto said...

When the pictures came back - one wag said that I looked like a Ryan - more Nolan than Meg.