Sunday, August 31, 2008

Several Times a Season




As a season ticket holder you get four passes to go to the Solon Club if you are not in the category. We've never taken advantage of that benefit. It is not that I am an egalitarian. But as the first two pictures attest, the Solon Club is out of the action. The first photo is in the Solon Club, the second is from our regular seats. I prefer being able to get into the game. I've never been a fan of Skyboxes either. The last time I went to a Giants game in a sky box I was bored. Sure you could see the game on TV but why bother to go to a game to be able to see it on the Tele? The food in the Solon Club is supposed to be better - although I think the food at Raley Field is pretty good. So I remain committed to sitting outside the Solon Club.

The last photo is of Brooks Conrad, the current second baseman for the Cats. My wife has liked his play all season. He has played 115 games with 457 at bats and 112 hits, 28 doubles, 28 home runs and 91 RBIs and 5 triples (Leads the team on all three). He went up to the bigs for 6 games this season and scored 2 RBIs off 19 at bats. The switch hitter went to ASU. My wife was excited to meet him - and it helps a good cause - the Rivercats foundation.

No comments: