Friday, August 01, 2008

Noise


I have a friend, who calls himself a former Republican, who has been predicting that Senator Obama will win in a landslide of tremendous proportions. I've cautioned this guy, who seems to be motivated mostly by his hate for the current administration, that most elections do not form until after Labor Day. After a pretty big couple of weeks for Senator Obama, where he visited a bunch of international spots, including a rockstar like performance in Berlin, his numbers seem to have stalled.

I am not claiming that Obama will not win, simply that the American people are still trying to make up their minds about BOTH candidates and it is a bit too early to make projections that have any validity. The graph from the Gallup site, seems to confirm my caution. As one of my friends in the legal community was fond of saying, polling results at this point are interesting but not dispositive.

No comments: