Saturday, March 18, 2006

Not Mr. Ford's Black Car


Front Top Down, originally uploaded by drtaxsacto.

I recently bought a new Honda S-2000. It is a wonder to behold. It has a nice responsive acceleration and corners like a dream (I am not sure what the rear end drift comes out to but it is considerably less than my Mustang which was pretty tight). It comes with only three options - a CD Changer, an iPod Hook-up and a Supercharger. For me two out of three of those were redundant. In essence the Honda people think they have thought of everything. For my part, they did.

When I was picking it up, one of the sales guys said this particular dealership does not sell a lot of them (probably compared to the Civic and the Pilot and the Odessy) but he compared it to a Swiss watch. That about sums it up for me. The precision on the car is wonderful. A much better feel than the other cars I looked at. It is a real pleasure to drive.

One of the interesting things about this is the compactness of the design. In the Mustang, I had a tendency to use the back seat as a storage compartment. In this car there is very little place to put anything you really do not need. It may make me a bit neater. (At least in the car.)

No comments: