Wednesday, December 14, 2005

WAMU Baloney

I've recently begun an exercise in replacing my bank. I've used WAMU for the past 15 years but they seem to have become infected with businospeak. For example, in a letter that was completely unresponsive to my question they said

I appreciate you letting us know your feedback so that we may work to
improve our service and operations. To ensure this situation is
addressed, I've forwarded your comments appropriately.

There are many choices in banking today, and Washington Mutual is glad
to have you as a customer. Since we strive to provide premier customer
service during every interaction, we believe acting on your feedback is
critical to our success. I hope you find your future interactions with
us, whether by phone, via email, in person, or at an ATM, reflect that
commitment to service.

Does some business consultant actually think that will elicit a positive response from customers? Or is this really a high end joke?

No comments: