Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Getting it


I have hesitated to comment on the Zimmerman case verdict for a number of reasons.  First, I think the tragic aspects of the case are immense; I am not sure how to sort those out.    Second, I am bothered by the talking heads on this.   Having Al Sharpton be given a voice on this case is appalling.    Third, we should be concerned about the political involvement in this case at all levels - from both parties.   Ultimately, this is a legal issue that should have been dealt with in the courts.   All that has bothered me almost since the first news about the case came out.

So my wife sent me a YouTube about a Cheerios commercial and kids reacting to the response to the commercial.  I admit I do not watch much TV - I may have seen the commercial or may not have - but I have seen variations of it.   Evidently, this commercial generated some controversy.  So a group of kids was brought together to respond to that controversy.   From my perspective they cut to the quick on the issue.   Art Linkletter once had a show called Kids Say the Darndest Things - in this instance it might be Kids Say the Smartest Things.

No comments: