Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two Reviews for the Price of One



Yesterday, while my wife was in Babys R Us, I went to the AT&T store to replace my bluetooth headset. I had been using a Jawbone 2. It was supposed to be the best bluetooth on the market. But I had never had very satisfactory service out of it. It is very hard to turn on and not easy to figure out whether your headset is on. No I am not one of those dorks that keeps the damn thing in my ear all the time but when I am traveling I use a bluetooth headset when I am driving and also when I am tired at the end of the day.

A friend who I work with had just bought a Plantronics Voyager so I wanted to look at the alternative. I went into the AT&T store and was "checked in" by a guy. I asked him about a Plantronics bluetooth and he pointed me to all the models. But no sales clerk seemed interested in taking my dough. There was a Plantronics headset on the counter and I said I would like to buy one and the guy at the cash register asked me where I was in the queue. At that I walked out. I then thought of the Best Buy which is close to the AT&T store.

I parked and then went to the phone section. In about 30 seconds I found a clerk and said I was interested in a Plantronics bluetooth. He asked why. I said I had a Jawbone and did not like it. He said Plantronics had similar noise canceling features. He then showed me two types - one over the ear and the other in your ear. I decided on the in the ear model because it has a traveling charger (Great IDEA!!!). The clerk asked me if he could pair it with my phone. He then did that. I was out of the store in about 4 minutes flat.

I am not likely to go back to the AT&T store again. The clerk at Best Buy knew his stuff and was helpful.

No comments: