Friday, October 23, 2009

Soupy Sales


Soupy Sales died this week at age 83. He was a mainstay of part of my childhood. He was funny, a bit off color and did slapstick as well as anyone. Reprise - (X2)

There's a soupy called turkey soup
made from a gobbler who never flew the coop
and there's a soupy called chicken soup
but I'm a soupy called sales.

You can't eat me with a spoon
But I'm still soupy just the same
No I'm not crazy as a loon
It's just that Soupy is my name.

and

I love to get a pie in the face
Because it makes the people laugh.
It makes them smile, instead of frown
It picks them way up
When they are feeling way down.

I makes the world a happier place
When they smash me with the pie.
That's why I love to get a pie in the face
Cause I'm a love to get 'em
Laughing guy

...Would someone get me a towel?

For those of you who enjoyed Soupy - you know what I am talking about - for those of you who don't too bad.

1 comment:

Samantha K said...

Soupy Sales seemed to love his job, which is probably why it was (and still is) so much fun to watch his show