Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When do you call a game?

This World Series has been an interesting one. I was especially impressed with (Former River Cat) Joe Blanton's home run in the previous game was wonderful. Joe was with the Cats in 2004.

I suspect that some Phillies fans will grumble about continuing the game in what looked on TV like a torrential downpour until Tampa Bay could tie the game. But I think that was the right decision. No team, even on who was clearly in such a dominant position as the Phillies, would want to win a series on a technicality even if the rain rule was followed. I've sat through a number of games where it seemed to me that rain was a lot more than mist and the umpires continued the contest.

When the game resumes, it will be the bottom of the sixth. I would prefer them to complete the game even if it takes a couple of days.

No comments: