Sunday, March 18, 2007

Laguna Al Chichica




I want to write a bit more about this trip to Mexico but since I am sitting in an airport, I wanted to do one picture of a lake which I have seen on the road between Puebla and Xalapa several times but on Saturday we stopped and spent some time looking around. I have posted two photos to give you an idea about two issues. The first shows the sedementary nature of the surrounding land for the lake bed. Notice the volcanic stone stuck in the sedement and now protruding out. The second shot reminded me a lot of Mono Lake in Eastern California. This lake, Al Chichica, is a lot less eerie but still very striking. It turns out my friend Dermot was also good in Geology - which was about the only science that I really enjoyed. Seeing places like this lake rekindles that interest.

No comments: