Thursday, December 14, 2006

Al Gore on CNET



The Executive Editor of CNET, one Charles Cooper, writes today that we should listen to Al Gore and read his book and see his silly movie. What a crock. I am so sick and tired of listening to the rantings and claims of this twice dropout. But the interesting response to the CNET post - several people said a) what about the use of technology in thinking about this set of issues and b) why in the world would a tech site listen to this political rant. Those are sound questions. If Cooper continues to rant like this, I will take his RSS off my list. I expect that my tech sites will talk about tech issues.

I am getting so tired of hack politicians with bad combovers yacking about something they clearly do not understand. It is made worse by people like Cooper, who may also not have any background in the field, who buy this prattle. Oh, I forgot, Al Gore invented the Internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the Internet. Thought you'd want to know the truth.
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

drtaxsacto said...

Note to readers - there is a long post on what Al Gore actually said on December 19 - read it for yourself. I think this writer is not exactly correct. The substance of this post was not whether Gore claimed anything but rather that his spurious claims in a number of areas should not be taken seriously.