Friday, June 19, 2009

Photos on the 3GS



Photos on the new 3GS are pretty good. I thought it would be interesting to take a photo using both phones. The top photo is by the 3G phone, the bottom is with the 3Gs. Notice the increased sharpness in the second photo. I did not buy a phone to take photos. I have a lot of investment in both digital SLRs and point and shoot cameras. (Canon, of course!) But because of the upgrade and the ability to focus, I might use the camera more.

The focusing ability is quite simple and in my initial tests is almost fool proof. It is a range focus but the ability to have more control on photos is much appreciated. There is a toggle switch on the video feature so that you can move between still and video and the quality of the video is good for a point and shoot video. I suspect this feature will be used a lot for things like Youtube. Were I a politician I might ask to ban iPhones when I am meeting with constituents - the ability to fabricate a response - long a staple of some politicians - is a thing of the past.

No comments: