Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Busman's Holiday

On Sunday and Monday I was in Austin for a set of meetings.  As I often do when I am in a state capitol I got a chance to tour the Texas Capitol.  The legislative process is a reflection of many things including the buildings we construct to carry out the process.  The Texas Capitol is among the most beautiful I have been in.  It is constructed of red granite but what impressed me more was the use of light in the interior sections of the building.  

The Texas house is huge compared to California and the Senate is smaller.  Texas has a shorter session than we do and it meets every other year.  But if you get to Austin, in addition to checking out the music and the food, schedule some time to tour the Capitol, it will be worth your time.

No comments: