Sunday, December 13, 2009

Simple rules of Net Manners


This afternoon we were in a Starbucks and sat next to a person who had a bluetooth headset and was evidently talking on Skype. She yabbered on about all sorts of things at a relatively high volume. What was odd about the experience was that unless you stared you could not see the little ear bud from which she was talking. So you had this impression that she was actually in a place talking to herself.

I guess I think those kinds of conversations should be moderated a lot more than this nimrod thought she should. I was not really interested in hearing her gossip at lots of decibels. I began to take a picture of her and found she was shy - I thought that was odd after she had spent the last fifteen minutes assaulting us with all of her banalities.

1 comment:

Mia said...

When we were young our parents told us to use our indoor and outdoor voices. Now they have to tell children to use their online and offline voices.