Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A plea for NetEtiquette

I have a pet peeve. Instead of using a great service like Time Bridge, many of the groups I work with use emails to set meeting times. Time Bridge is a nifty service - you set a meeting date, notify your colleagues of possible times and the system reconciles the schedules. I am not sure why some in those crowds believe it is necessary to hit the REPLY ALL button when advising the correspondent of their availability. It clogs up my email. When I get those kinds of insensitive replies, I have the notion, which I have not yet acted on, to sign their email addresses up for 100 spam accounts. After all if they can bore me with their extreme inability to make a particular meeting why should they not also hear from the private solicitor in Africa who wants to transfer $20 million to them? Sounds like a good tradeoff to me.

No comments: